Were you unable to attend our last Antique Appraisal Day Event or did you have some additional items that you would also like to have appraised? If so, you can submit photographs of your item(s) and still get an appraisal for $10 per item, or $25 for 3 item discount. We can appraise all types of personal property. For a more detailed description check out the list of items we specialize in.
To do so please complete steps 1 and 2 outlined below:
Click on one of the links below to our Paypal account and make your payment with your PayPal account or any credit card:
SINGLE ITEM APPRAISAL
(for 1 to 2 items): $10.00 per item
THREE ITEM APPRAISAL
(for every 3, 6, 9, etc., items): $25 for every 3 items
For example, four items are $35 ($25 for three items + $10 for one). There is no limit to the amount of items to have appraised.
a) Submit photos of your items to us using the form or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
b) Submit photos from multiple angles e.g., top, bottom, front, back, sides, etc.
c) Submit photos (close ups if possible) showing any damage or others factors which show the condition of your item(s).
d) Submit any information along with photos (close ups if possible) with as much detail as possible of any maker's marks, artist signature, etc., to email@example.com - please send in batches of less than 5 GB.*
e) Include all relevant details. Whenever possible please let us know the following:
- How did you acquire the item(s)?
- If you purchased the item, when and how much was paid for the item(s)?
- Does the item(s) have any provenance such as a purchase receipt, prior auction lot number, etc.?
- Was the item ever appraised before? If so, when, by whom, at what price and for what purpose (e.g. insurance (Replacement Value), estate tax/liquidation (Fair Market Value), etc.?
- The approximate size of your item(s).
- Any other information you can provide.
Submit Photos of Your Items
*Alternately, you can submit your photographs and payment by check** to our PO Box at:
50 Main Street, # 4251
Kingston, NY 12402
**Please note there will be a $30 charge for any returned checks.
Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for completion of your appraisal. We will submit your appraisal to you via your email or postal mailing address provided in the form you completed.
When appraising your item(s) we will provide you with a Fair Market Value (used for liquidation purposes) which is normally about 25% of the Replacement Value (used for insurance purposes). This appraisal is considered a verbal appraisal, If you need a typed written appraisal of your item(s) we can provide you with one for an additional cost.
Please note if you are purchasing an appraisal for more then 3 items but less then the next multiple of 3 items (e.g., 6, 9, 12, 15, etc.) then you will need to pay for those additional 1-2 items as single items. For instance:
- If you wanted to have 5 items appraised you would purchase one (1) Three item appraisal at $25 and two (2) Single item Appraisals for a total cost of $45.00.
- If you wanted to have 11 items appraised you would purchase three (3) Three item appraisal at $25 each and two (2) Single item Appraisals for a total cost of $95.00. If you have any questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or more information.
Disclaimer: Any written or oral appraisal, estimate or other statement of value of The Property provided by Astor Galleries, or any of it's representatives with respect to estimated or expected selling price of any item is a statement of opinion only and shall not be relied upon by the owner of the property or any third party as a prediction or guarantee of the actual eventual selling price. In no event will Astor Galleries, be held liable for the failure of any of The Property to be sold at such estimated or expected price. Estimates are subject to revision from time to time by Astor Galleries, including upon re-inspection of The Property and changes in market conditions.